One Hundred Steps
Walk around the villages of Cinisi and Terrasini to discover the story of Peppino Impastato, a young activist who bravely opposed the Mafia by speaking out publicly as well as standing up to his own family.
- 5 hours
- minimum 2
- on demand
- Bar Palazzolo, via Nazionale, Cinisi (PA)
Peppino Impastato was a multifaceted young man. He was a journalist, political activist, intellectual, environmentalist, hippy and poet. Although his father was a Mafioso, Peppino had the courage to rebel against the Cosa Nostra and denounce its criminal and corrupt behaviour. His tenacity led him to setting up a satirical radio show which criticized the mafia and the infamous boss Gaetano Badalamenti who, in 1978, gave orders for Peppino’s assassination.
- Visit the places that tell the extraordinary experience of Peppino Impastato
- Hear the story of his life from people who knew him personally
- Follow the symbolic ‘cento passi’ (100 steps) made famous in the film by Marco Tullio Giordana
- Discover the remarkable colours and shapes of the Terrasini coast